An updated and revised version of this site is available at SermonsInStainedGlass.com . Please send suggestions and comments to Bill Lyons, wwlyons@gmail.com

The subjects relate to First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta. :

If you would like to be added to a notification list for significant additions to the paper, please let me know.

Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to Sermons in Windows

Preliminary Blog

Welcome to my new Blog. This blog will present the material which I have called Sermons in Stained Class. This paper covers a brief history of how First Presbyterian Church came to 16th & Peachtree, recounts the story of the creation of the stained glass windows, and tells the story in each window.

Material in the paper and on this blog covers the stained glass windows produced by Tiffany, D’Ascenzo, and Willet for First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta.

I am pleased that you have found this material. It is clearly in an early stage of development. Please let me know how you found this spot, and tell me how I can make it useful to you. Your questions and suggestions will be appreciated and responded to.

Your response to the blog will be appreciated. Please tell any interested persons about this blog.

The paper, Sermons in Stained Glass, is (will be) available through links from this blog as well as directly on my Google Docs site (link to be provided) and the First Presbyterian Church web site (link to be provided). The place to make comments, ask questions, and give suggestions is this blog.

The complete paper is now available through the two sites in a searchable pdf with a Table of Contents. An index is planned.

It is my intent to also provide on both sites a page for each window which contains an image of the window and the discussion of the story it tells. The window images on the blog will link directly to each corresponding page.

Please pass on your questions and any suggestions for additional content to Bill Lyons.

Bill Lyons

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bill. I'm so looking forward to your explorations. I very happy that's we've met in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill-
    I'm excited to read your first post and excited to learn all about this architectural gem. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete